What are the 5 Cs of Cybersecurity?
The "5 Cs of Cybersecurity" is a conceptual framework that's often discussed in the context of cybersecurity best practices and strategies. This framework is a general approach that highlights key areas of focus in cybersecurity and can significantly enhance an organization's security posture. The 5 C's are:
- Compliance: Ensuring adherence to relevant cybersecurity laws, regulations, and internal policies to meet legal and standard obligations.
- Cost: Effectively budgeting for cybersecurity, understanding financial risks of cyber threats, and investing in cost-efficient security solutions.
- Coverage: Guaranteeing comprehensive protection across all network, system, and data areas against various cyber threats.
- Continuity: Maintaining operational systems and data access during cyber incidents through robust disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Change: Continuously updating and adapting security strategies to align with emerging cyber threats, technologies, and best practices.
By focusing on these 5 Cs, organizations can build a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy that not only protects against current threats but is also resilient and adaptable to future challenges.